Join the class on
Saturday, October 28, 2023
at Quilters HQ
16175 W. 135th Street,
Olathe KS 66062
Educator: Peggy Anderson
From Funky Friends Factory - By Pauline McArthur
Pauline designed this cute patchwork pussy cat because Tula Pink asked her to! It’s true! Tula wanted to make some cats for her booth at Quilt Market… and since Pauline loves cats and Tula Pink’s fabrics… she said, ‘SURE!’ 😀 Patch is sewn with a simple straight stitch but this pattern has LOTS of pieces so she is NOT one of my easy patterns – she just takes a little bit longer to make and she’s so cute it’s definitely worth the extra time! Finished Size: 17” tall.
ALL Funky Friends Factory patterns include a color photo of the toy, full easy-to-follow instructions, a list of material requirements, and a simple layout guide.
Patch the Cat is great for using up your fabric stash and showing off a number of your favorite gorgeous fabrics! This 17″/43cm tall toy can be made from quilting cottons and can also be made in knit (stretchy) fabrics like fleece, Minkee, and Cuddle as well as all sorts of faux fur fabrics.
Sewing Experience Level: Intermediate to Advanced Sewers
Cost: $30 for 1 session
Register online or at the store.
Patch the Cat Materials
1. You will need to buy, download, and print the pattern from the internet:
Some printed patterns may be available on Amazon but are more expensive than the print your own patterns on the website above.
2. This pattern is designed as a patchwork. The specific fabric measurements are in the pattern. I have done Patch in several colors of quilters cotton. I have seen him done in just one color, too—really cute!(If you want to do him in a stretchy fabric you may need some light weight adhesive interfacing.)
3. To mark your fabric get a frixion erasable marker/pen or a chalk marker. You can color code the pattern pieces with 3 colors of fine point markers.
4. Long straight pins or clips.
5. Your sewing machine, bobbins, power cord and foot pedal. The manual for your sewing machine. White or grey thread to sew the cat pieces together. If you are using one color of fabric you can match your fabric. Scissors, hand sewing needles, and your usual sewing tools.
6. Toy stuffing like Poly-fil (small bag)
7. 12mm(half inch) Safety eyes.
We look forward to you joining us for a fun class!
|Sat, Oct 28, 2023 at 11:00 am to 4:00 pm|